Now that the busy holiday season is over, why not plan a romantic mini-getaway to the Southern Oregon Coast? It’s a little known secret that the winter months are an optimal time to visit the Oregon coast. It’s less crowded, the fishing is great, the clam chowder is hot, and storm watching is at it’s peak at Shore Acres State Park!
To help you enjoy your vacation even more, we have put together some exciting specials for our guests to enjoy during the month February. Here’s a sneak peek, but don’t wait too long to book your stay.
Get More Value with our Hotel Packages
In February, we are celebrating LOVE at the Mill Casino Hotel all month long with our Romance Package . Book this package to enjoy a relaxing getaway with your sweetheart along with deluxe hotel accommodations, a $40 dining credit, two souvenir toasting flutes, one bottle of pink bubbly Champagne (or cider), a special treat from Cranberry Sweets and turn-down service. Book your package today and enjoy your getaway! Rates start at $159, Call 800-953-4800, ext. 3.
Click here for info about our Winter Getaway Hotel Package, Celebration Package and our Wine & Dine Package.
The Plank House Restaurant Specials
- Prime Rib Special Friday, February 13th- 8 oz. tender Prime Rib, dinner salad, loaded mashed potatoes, and sauteed snap peas.
No substitutions, please.
- Sweetheart Dinner for 2 Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2015- Have a romantic dinner over-looking the bay! Four course dinner featuring Shrimp Cocktail for two, choice of Ceasar or Raspberry Vinaigrette salad, choice of Salmon Oscar or Beef Wellington, followed by shared Hot Fudge Lava Cake. $55
- 2 for $25- On Wednesdays and Thursdays in February, enjoy two dinners for $25! Includes a shared appetizer or two dinner salads, choice of ribeye steak, grilled Atlantic salmon, or herb baked half chicken.
Lunch 11 am – 2 pm Wednesday through Saturday
Dinner 5 pm – 10 pm Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday
Dinner 5 pm – 11 pm Friday & Saturday
Sunday Brunch 8 am – 2 pm
February Specials at The Saw Blade Buffet
Fill your plate as often as you’d like with a bountiful selection of incredible entrees, hand-carved meats, succulent sides and delectable desserts.
- Valentine’s Day- Treat your beloved to the special All American Buffet on Friday, February 14 from 4-8 pm. All you can eat BBQ Brisket, Pork Loin on the carving station and much more for $14.95
Breakfast Monday through Saturday 7 am – 10 am
Lunch Monday & Tuesday 11 am – 2 pm
Dinner Monday & Tuesday 4 pm – 8 pm
As always, The Mill Casino Hotel & RV Park offers Casino Fun all month long in addition to live entertainment in Warehouse 101 on select dates. Here are some more tips to get the most out of your stay this February:
- Sign up for the Mill Club Mill Club members not only participate in our special casino promotions, they earn free play, discounts, meals, merchandise and invitations to exclusive special events. As a Mill Club member you’ll earn rewards every time you play your favorite table games and slots in our casino. Best of all, it’s free and easy.
- Create your own itinerary but leave room for a spontaneous adventures! There is always something happening in the North Bend, Charleston and Coos Bay area. Oregon’s Adventure Coast has put together some sample itineraries to give you some ideas. We also recommend going to their Events Calendar to see what is happening in and around the community, and of course check the Mill Casino Events Calendar! Our nightclub, Warehouse 101, hosts Comedy Night every Wednesday and live music every Friday & Saturday night.
- Pack the following:
- Workout clothes! Start the day with a vigorous working with a waterfront view in our fitness room located on the second floor of our Lodge.
- Bathing Suit. Enjoy our relaxing indoor pool and two hot tubs on the South End of our Lodge. The pool is complimentary for all guests. Towels are provided at the pool.
- Your Camera for winter storm watching and to capture all of the fond memories from your trip.
- Layers of clothing. Average winter temperatures range from mid/high 40’s to low 50’s during day to mid 30’s at night. Since the weather changes from hour to hour, we suggest packing layers of clothing such as t-shirts, jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts hats, scarves, gloves, etc so you can be ready for anything.
- Casual “night-out clothes” for dining out and dancing the night away in Warehouse 101.
- Binoculars. These come in handy when you want to get a closer look the Pacific Ocean, and let’s not forget whale and bird watching!
- Sunscreen. If you plan to spend any time outdoors, please remember the UV rays from the sun still shine through, so it is important to protect your skin with sunscreen anything else you normally use to protect yourself from the sun.
- Comfortable walking shoes for overall use, flip-flops for the beach (in case it is warm enough) and good boots for hiking.
- Leave time for shopping in the many antique and specialty shops in North Bend, Coos Bay and Charleston.
Be sure to stop in our own Ko-Kwel Gifts and check out our extensive selection of art and craft works created by Coquille Tribal artists and artisans. Handcrafted jewelry and beadwork, carved wood pieces, glassware and regional photography are among the many creations offered by Coquille Tribal members exclusively at Ko-Kwel Gifts. The shop also features a selection of jackets, sweaters and sweatshirts (always in season on the Oregon Coast) along with mementos and keepsakes.
- Go for a stroll on our boardwalk. It’s lovely!
- Go for a swim, a work-out, or relax in one of our outdoor hot-tubs overlooking Coos Bay.
- Go storm watching! Shore Acres State Park, the bluff overlooking Bastendorff Beach, and Sunset Bay State Park.
Need more information? Contact us at 800.953.4800! We are here to help.